Posted at 2023-03-15 08:23:56
RADII (rā’dē-ī’) is an independent platform of artists, writers and creators dedicated to providing a window into the rarely explored sides of Chinese youth culture. Founded in 2017, RADII's mission is to captivate the world through stories that transcend boundaries. Through our work, we cut through the noise to uncover dynamic stories that upend clichés and create a deeper understanding of the creativity and dynamic culture emerging from Asia and beyond.
Social Media Designer / Creator
We are seeking a SOCIAL MEDIA DESIGNER / CREATOR that can create emotional, impactful multimedia content for our website and across multiple social media platforms. Expected to handle all of our creative and graphic requirements, marketing communications and illustrations for all client-facing and in-house activities.
Our content focuses on the trends that are driving Chinese youth culture around the world, the cultural insight into why it’s happening and their place in the Pan-Asian conversation, check out radii.co and our Instagram (@radii_media) to learn more.
- Develop design concepts, graphics and layouts for multimedia and offline use. They could be (but not limited to) illustrations, website layouts, key visuals, logos and so on. The work will be applied across all digital media, local and global social media feeds and commercial content, as well as events and special projects (online and offline work – includes digital and traditional media).
- Develop and design compelling, engaging content (editorial, infographics, memes, etc.)
- Ideal candidate should have a strong interest in and knowledge of social media best practices and design trends and be able to maintain and build a brand identity through strong creative execution.
- A good understanding of Chinese social media (mainly WeChat) trends is preferred.
- Edit short videos (cut-down versions, teasers or trailers) from longer form content to tell standalone stories that suit our Instagram, Twitter and Facebook platforms. Creative editing and style is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Graphic Design / Visual Communication or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a design agency, ad agency or publishing firm
- Passionate about China and contemporary Chinese culture (as well as RADII’s mission to bridge the East and West), and self-driven by a creative mission
- Interest in multimedia journalism (videos, podcasts, infographics, etc.)
- Bi-lingual abilities in English and Mandarin preferred, as we have a diverse team of creators on board, and our content is primarily targeting foreign audiences
- Experience with social media design standards and modern visual storytelling using design and short video
- Skilled with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as manipulating stock images to suit design direction and storytelling. Ability to use Disco Diffusion is a plus
- Skilled with video editing software Davinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere is a huge plus
Preferred skill set:
- A genuine understanding and taste for quality storytelling and why it succeeds
- Preferred professional skill set: Strong conceptual planning, creative design, and typography skills and the ability to follow art direction and collaborate on layouts
- To be able to work under pressure: needs to be able deliver projects, visuals and digital outputs on time, with aesthetic style and creativity matching the brief or goal of the content
- Preferred personal skill set: flexible, detail-oriented, good time-management; ability to work independently and in a team environment
- To be a team player: you must be able to work hand-in-hand with the full team for all graphic / video / visual / art-related aspects
- Results-oriented, methodical. Passion for creating inspiring and innovative marketing for both small and large campaigns
Some reference of our social media graphics similar to what you’ll be working on:
What’s China’s New Controversial Subculture: Yabi? Infographic/Carousel
6 Chinese Dishes to Enjoy in Summer Time, Carousel/Illustrations
Jia Zhangke Frowns Upon Cookie-Cutter Films, Quotecard
Shanghai Nightlife after Lockdowns, Carousel/Infographic
Monthly Internet Buzzword Illustrations
Spotify Unwrapped: https://www.instagram.com/p/ClqW4cgNHsi/?hl=en
Coffee Brands in Shanghai: https://www.instagram.com/p/CixL5NWL1ZW/?hl=en
Seasonal Greeting Cards
Mid-Autumn Festival: https://www.instagram.com/p/CiUmzFhDk0U/?hl=en
Women’s Day: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca13ylCNC4A/?hl=en
Year of the Tiger: https://www.instagram.com/p/CZZT9j0MWUD/?hl=en
Taobao Gift Guide
Some reference of our past videos graphics similar to what you’ll be working on:
The Hidden Price Behind Your Food Delivery Choices
(Mini-Documentary | Tech/Sustainability)
Forget Shamate, This Is China’s New Controversial Subculture
(Explainer | Fashion/Culture)
The Worst Mandarin in TV/Movies
(Reaction | Pop Culture/Language)
The Chinese Reggae Scene You Didn't Know Existed
(Mini-Documentary | Music/Lifestyle)
We have plenty of exciting upcoming projects in production, so if interested, please email your CV and a cover letter introducing your portfolio of work with any metrics to: [email protected]